Many people ignore developing a freelancing website to display their talents to potential clients when launching a business. I’ll explain why you should establish a website and the advantages it brings for freelancers in this guide.
Fortunately, building a website is now easier than ever before. There are numerous tools available that make the work simple, and you can have a website up and operating in a matter of hours. As a result, you’ll be able to focus on what matters most: running your business.
We’ll walk you through the process of putting up a basic and functional freelancing WordPress website in this article. Let’s get started!
What are things needed to create a freelance website?
To create a freelance website with WordPress, you’ll need a few things.
To begin, double-check that you’re using the correct platform. You’ll need a self-hosted WordPress.org website to create a freelance website.
The things needed are:
1. A domain name ( this is the name of a website i.e domainlatest.com).
2. A WordPress hosting account (this is where the files for your website are kept).
3. Secure Socket Layer (SSL) Certificate (You need this to accept online payments)
4. Finally, a freelance Engine theme.
It will take less than 30 minutes to set up, and we will guide you through each step.
Step 1: create a web hosting account.
We recommend Bluehost for web hosting because Bluehost is one of the world’s largest web hosting comaty and a WordPress hosting company that is officially approved. To get started, go to Bluehost and purchase your hosting.
After you’ve purchased hosting and you don’t know how to install your wordpress follow our step-by-step setup instructions in our guide on how to construct a website.
When you sign up with Bluehost, it will immediately install WordPress for you. Your WordPress admin dashboard can be accessed directly from your hosting account.
Step 2: Customize your site with a freelance Engine theme.
FreelanceEngine theme is a premium theme + plugins developed by Engine theme company.
The FreelanceEngine Theme comes with all of the functionality you’d expect from a freelance WordPress website. Surprisingly, it is built to function effectively in any niche sector you choose, such as web design, copywriting, or photography, etc.
FreelanceEngine is a project bidding theme where freelancers compete for clients’ projects by submitting bids. To provide a smooth user flow, a full range of functions is required with this central principle. Project listing, project bidding, Escrow payment, and a virtual credit system are the main features.
Features of FreelanceEngine theme.
1. RESPONSIVE WEB DESIGN : For any device, it’s quick and versatile.
2. PROJECT WORKSPACE: A central location for the exchange of secret messages
3. SMOOTH ESCROW SYSTEM: Ensure a reliable and smooth workflow and transactions.
4. MOBILE SEO FRIENDLY: Integrate Yoast SEO and make your site mobile-friendly.
5. MULTI PAYMENT GATEWAYS: PayPal, 2Checkout, and Stripe are all popular payment processors.
6. INSIGHTFUL OVERVIEW: Create a graph of your site’s revenue, projects, and registrations.
7. PROJECT SUBMISSION: To have your project featured, simply follow the four simple steps.
8. PROJECT EDITING: Project content can be controlled.
9. ON-SITE NOTIFICATION: always get notified.
10. MULTIPLE PROJECT BIDDING: Freelancers have the option of bidding for free or purchasing credit to bid premium.
11. ADVANCED SEARCH: Searching for projects by keyword, sorting, and filtering options.
12. DISPUTE MANAGEMENT: To resolve disagreements, act as a neutral third party.
13. FREELANCER PROFILE: Excellent opportunity to get noticed by potential employers.
14. REVIEW SYSTEM: Employers and freelancers can both use it.
15. USER DASHBOARD: Take command of everything that occurs on your website.
16. PAYMENT PLAN: Provide many payment options for project posting.
17. SIDEBARS: Widgets should be moved to the appropriate sidebars.
18. POPULAR EXTENSIONS COMPATIBILITY: WP Total Cache, Yoast SEO, and other popular WordPress extensions are compatible.
19. INSTALLATION & UPDATE: In the backend, swiftly receive new update notifications and adjust slugs.
How to install freelanceEngine theme.
After getting your FreelanceEngine theme then It’s time to install the FreelanceEngine Theme now that WordPress has been installed.
Accessing your Admin Dashboard, then going to Appearance > Themes, then uploading the FreelanceEngine Theme zip file is a straightforward way to receive the theme.
All of the functionality are available once the theme has been activated. To get the features to work the way you want them to. After the theme is activated, you will be free to set it the way you want it and the developers can set it for you free if you don’t know how to set it to look good…..to get started click here to get the theme.
5 Comments on “How to create freelance website using wordpress (step by step)”
I think this is among the most significant info for me.
And i am glad reading your article. But should remark on few
general things, The web site style is great, the articles is really excellent : D.
Good job, cheers
Hi there! I’m at work browsing your blog from my new iphone!
Just wanted to say I love reading through your blog and look forward to all your posts!
Keep up the excellent work!
excellent put up, very informative. I wonder why the other specialists of this sector do not understand this.
You should continue your writing. I’m confident, you’ve a
great readers’ base already!
Hi, after reading this amazing piece of writing i am also delighted
to share my knowledge here with colleagues.