The National Drug Law Enforcement Agency (NDLEA) is a Federal Government organization in Nigeria tasked with controlling, preventing, and mitigating drug trafficking. The NDLEA recently announced its ongoing recruitment operation, which has piqued the attention and excitement of job seekers around the country.
The NDLEA recruitment exercise is expected to fill various positions in the agency, including Narcotic Officer Cadre, Narcotic Assistant (Nass) Cadre, and Driver and Mechanic Cadre. The recruitment exercise has attracted a lot of attention, and thousands of Nigerians have already applied for the available positions.
Applicants must meet particular criteria in order to be considered for the NDLEA recruiting. Applicants for the Narcotic Officer Cadre, for example, must hold a Bachelor’s degree or Higher National Diploma (HND) from a recognized university. They must also be between the ages of 22 and 30, have a height of 1.65 meters for men and 1.60 meters for women, and be physically fit.
Deadline for Application: 8th April 2023
Available Categories and Requirements:
1) Superintendent Cadre (General Duties or Specialists)
- Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics II
CONPASS (08). Applicant must possess first Degree/HND in
any discipline from a recognized institution of learning and
NYSC Discharge Certificate/Exemption Certificate.
- Assistant Superintendent of Narcotics I
(CONPASS 9). Applicant with LL.B, BL, B.Eng (with
COREN), B.Pharm, etc, on successful completion of training
shall be granted the rank of Assistant Superintendent of
Narcotics I (CONPASS 9).
- Deputy Superintendent of Narcotics
(CONPASS 10). Applicant with MBBS or DVM on
successful completion of training shall be granted the rank of
Deputy Superintendent of Narcotics (CONPASS 10).
2) Narcotic Agent Cadre.
- Chief Narcotic Agent – CONPASS (07). Applicant
must possess a Nigerian Certificate of Education, registered
nurses and midwives, Pharmacy technicians, lab technicians,
dental technicians, or its equivalent from a recognized
institution of learning.
- Senior Narcotic Agent – CONPASS (06). Applicant
must possess a National Diploma (ND) or its equivalent from
a recognized institution of learning.
- Narcotic Agent – CONPASS (05). Applicant must
possess 5 Credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB including English
3) Narcotic Assistant Cadre.
- Narcotic Assistant I – CONPASS (04). Applicant must
possess at least 4 Credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB including
Mathematics or English Language.
- Narcotic Assistant II – CONPASS (03). Applicant must
possess at least 3 credits in SSCE/GCE/NABTEB including
Mathematics or English Language.
- Artisans, Mechanics, Drivers, Cleaners/Gardeners
etc. Applicant must provide evidence of completion of
secondary school or Trade Test Grade II or III.
How To Apply
- Go online and visit the NDLEA Web Page at, www.ndlea.gov.ng.
- Click on Careers and read the instructions carefully. Then click
on Apply Now to register.
- You will be redirected to a page for the categories (select from list
- Fill out the form and ensure all required documents listed below
(1) Passport Photograph.
(2) Educational Certificates.
(3) Certificate of State of Origin.
(4) Birth Certificate/Declaration of Age.
(5) National Identity Card.
(6) NYSC Discharge/Exemption Certificate.
- Applicants must print out their online generated slip on completion
of their application.
- Successful candidates will be required to fill further vetting forms.
- All successful candidates will be subjected to random illicit drug
use test throughout their service in the Agency.
- Only shortlisted applicants shall be invited for further examination
Important Notice: Applicants must print out their online generated photo-slip on completion and download referee forms to be completed by two (2) persons of reputable standing in the society as stipulated on the form when coming for the screening/interview.